In the next decade 43% of our workforce will approach retirement. At the same time $1.3 trillion will pass through the hands of business owners who control most of the wealth in Canada. These people rely on their trusted advisors to preserve and distribute this wealth. Your success depends on your ability to achieve these goals.
The Trusted Advisor’s Survival Kit gives you the wisdom of 46 experts from all areas of tax, estate, legal, and financial consulting — with over 1,000 years of collective experience. Discover creative, beneficial strategies known to only a select few accountants, financial professionals, and tax lawyers in North America. You’ll learn how to:
- Recognize where law, accounting, tax, insurance, and pensions overlap
- Build a team of seasoned professionals to create individualized solutions for your clients
- Combine Individual Pension Plans with the most advanced investment methods for maximum tax savings
- Select the right employee benefits to protect your clients’ firms, employees, and families
- Underwrite insurance policies to minimize future litigation
- Grow and sell businesses for top dollar
Contributors share personal stories and insights from advising extremely successful entrepreneurs and executives. You’ll find invaluable advice whether you read each chapter or refer to specific sections.
Show Your Clients How to Keep Their Wealth
Today’s savvy business owners have access to more financial planning information than ever before. Ensure you know what to say when clients ask these challenging questions:
- Do you have the skill set to continue advising me as I transition out of my business?
- Who will own and lead my business in the future?
- How do I raise money without giving up ownership?
- How can I plan to provide for my special needs child?
- Where is the best offshore tax haven for me?
The Ideal Reference For:
- Accountants who need to understand the role of each professional in designing and implementing a comprehensive financial plan
- Financial and investment advisors and insurance brokers whose products and services comprise key components of a comprehensive financial plan
- Lawyers who are responsible for drafting the contracts in a comprehensive financial plan
- Business owners and corporate executives looking for ways to exit their business without financial loss
- Chief financial officers and human resources officers of incorporated businesses who must manage pensions and benefits for all employees
- Financial media looking for a resource guide on all aspects of wealth preservation and distribution