Individual Pension Plans (IPPs) will become a major component of Canadian pensions practice as baby boomers approach retirement. IPPs offer the very best tax and retirement savings solution for individuals 40 years and older who have a T4 income over $130,000 and work for an incorporated business.
Hundreds of thousands of additional tax-deferred income dollars can be invested into an IPP structure—far above the contribution limits of a traditional RRSP. Thanks to these advantages, experts predict that IPPs will create up to $6 billion in new annual revenue for financial firms, public accountants, financial advisors, and actuaries.
The Essential Individual Pension Plan Handbook provides the foundation you need to offer IPPs to affluent and semi-affluent clients nearing retirement. You’ll also learn how to pair IPPs with the most advanced tax solutions available today—giving you the edge over consultants who focus on outdated financial products that don’t meet clients’ long-term needs.
In this book you’ll discover:
- Why IPPs are the best retirement planning vehicle for business owners and senior executives.
- How IPPs developed and the market forces behind their growing importance.
- How to set up, maintain, and wind up an IPP.
- How to meet the stringent compliance requirements of IPPs to avoid financial loss and personal liability.
- Complementary solutions that help your clients save even more for retirement—including employee profit-sharing plans, retirement compensation arrangements, and life insurance.
PLUS, The 21st Century Advisor’s IPP Concept Presentation Kit.
Use these expert tools and insights to ensure your financial consulting practice thrives in today’s challenging marketplace:
- Criteria for identifying IPP candidates
- Actuarial calculations that reveal the savings and compound interest advantages of IPPs over RRSPs
- Answers to clients’ possible objections to IPPs
- Public speaking techniques for delivering effective IPP seminars.